Published on March 4th, 2012 | by TooCool1
How To Create Transparent Background Images And Logos With Photoshop
Create Your Own Transparent Logo Video Tutorial
If you are using a website with a background colour other then white, a logo with transparent background would certainly give better look. In this tutorial, i would try to explain how to create images with transparent background with using photoshop. I have used ”Photoshop CS5” but you can do this also with older versions. Video tutorial makes it easy to understand. Anyways you can read step by step expression to make it clear.
Video Tutorial For Making Transparent Backgrounds
Instructions For Creating Transparent Background Images And Logos
- First of all, we need a transparent background. Open photoshop, Click File–>New. In this window you can create new background with dimensions you need. Do not forget to select ”Transparent” from dropdown menu as you see in picture below.
2. Now open the image that you want with transparent background in new photoshop window. You can just select the image from windows explorer and drag in empty place under toolbar as you happy wheels demo can see in video.
3. It is time to select whole image and copy&paste to our new transparent background. You can use keyboard shortcuts to make it easy. When image window is active. Click ”Ctrl+A” for making selection. Then ”Ctrl+C” to copy. After that activate your background window and click ”Ctrl+V” to paste.
4. Our image is ready to get cleaned from background colour. In this example my background is fully white. I want to delete all whites. Best selection method for me is ”Color Range” selection tool. Because there is not any white colour on that image. You can use other selection tools according to your needs.
5. Selection is complete. Now we can delete our selection with a single click to ” Delete” button on keyboard.
6. We are almost done. You can see our image has a transparent background now. All you have to do is saving your image as interlaced png file format! Selecting interlaced is important, because your image would not be transparent if you do other way.
Thank you for reading. Feel free to comment and ask questions if you have any. Please like us on facebook and follow us on twitter as a ”thank you”.