We all are absolutely mourning the loss of our dearest Princess Leia, aka Carrie Fisher. Although many fans knew more about her than just her work as Princess Leia, less knew about her other roles, books, and even the fact that she was a stand-up comedian. Delve into these facts, and get to know Carrie beyond the screen!
1. The one and only Meryl Streep played Carrie Fisher in an autobiographical movie
Thats right! Carrie’s autobiographical movie, “Postcards from the Edge”, garnered much success, and aside from it being about Carrie’s life, it was brought to life by Meryl Streep. Check out the movie trailer below!
2. Carrie wrote about her own obituary in her autobiographical book “Wishful Drinking”
Her only request was “to be reported that she drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra”. Talk about creativity and a good sense of morbid humor!
3. Princess Leia’s fans grew to be intrigued by her because of her leather and metal bikini suit.
Yes. That’s right. Carrie Fisher’s sex appeal as Princess Leia did contribute to her becoming an international star. No wonder Ross from “Friends” had a secret fantasy about Princess Leia!
4. Carrie ended up turning her book “Wishful Drinking” into a stand-up comedy act.
She was hilarious in the way she laughed at her problems, and was true to who she was. Check out her full video of stand-up … It is definitely worth your ten minutes!
5. Last but never least, we can’t forget Gary
Most of us never knew that Carrie’s dog, Gary, was also a celebrity in his own right. He attended most red carpet events as her plus one! Talk about adorable!
We will always love you Carrie! Thank you for donating yourself and your talents to last us a lifetime of memories and belly laughs! You will truly never be forgotten.