As Valentine’s Day is approaching, love is in the air. However, last time your date didn’t go so well and you might be wondering why that is so? At times we meet someone and enjoy the time we share with them, however, they are not lasting-love material. You might have felt the connection but he/she wasn’t “the one” for you due to several reasons. And that’s okay.
Finding love isn’t easy, you can date several people but if you don’t feel comfortable enough you don’t have to fake it. The other person should not be betrayed and you have to come up with what you hold in your heart. Ignoring the person isn’t a good option, you might think that if you ignore the person they will drift away with time. However, this might not be the case, the person’s emotional state will be drained in this process and will hurt him a lot. Coming out and finishing everything once and for all in a friendly way is the best option. This will hurt them in the short term but will be better for both of you in the long term.
If you don’t have feelings for them, this the time when you let them know before it’s too late and they approach you again on the Valentine’s Day. Let’s not drag things and complicate them even more. Be straightforward and let them know the truth. Don’t tell them to be friends with you after you break up because this might raise up their hopes once again.
You can take out time to meet the person and tell them the truth or just take a few minutes to text them on phone. Here is a list of ways to help finish nicely with a bad date which won’t hurt either of the sides.
- It was great meeting you, but I didn’t feel any chemistry between us.
- I had a good time but I got more of a friend vibe coming from you.
- We had a fun date, but I just did not feel we fit well together.
- You seem pleasing, but I didn’t feel a spark between us.
- I don’t see this in route to a serious relationship and that’s what I’m looking for this year.
- I really appreciate the chance to get to know you, but I should be true that I don’t see us get along in future.
- I respect you so I want to be straightforward that even though we had a nice time, I don’t see this going anywhere.
- You’re a catch, but sadly, not my catch.
- You deserve someone better than me, I hope you will get one soon.
- Thanks for taking the time to get together. I wish there was something more between us, but unfortunately, I only had friendly feelings.
So this is how you can end nicely without hurting or offending the other person, its okay to reject someone, its natural.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Original Story by Samantha Burns @ goodmanproject. If you found a mistake in this article, please let us know